Motoman Robot Handling
Automotive Plastic Parts
Motoman Robotics' solution met customer's expectations. Cycle time: approximately 30 seconds.
- Provide flexible system to run one part number. Customer plans to purchase additional systems and further develop process to run up to 50 different part styles.
- Meet end-customer demands to reduce costs 10 - 25% per year over life of product by eliminating costly labor-intensive manual operations for part removal, deflashing, degating and transfer.
Motoman Robotics Solution
Motoman Robotics provided:
- Motoman SK16 robot with MRC controller
- Additional I/O module
- 457.2 mm (18") robot riser
- Custom end-of-arm tooling (mechanical gripper) with tool changer and shock sensor
- Custom flip-over station
- File station
- Floppy Disk Emulation (FDE)
Motoman designed and supplied the custom end-of-arm tooling, a pneumatically actuated, multifunction mechanical gripper. The gripper includes an automatic tool changer and shock sensor. Part-present and gripper open/closed sensors are also included. Additionally, Motoman designed and provided a custom pneumatic part flip-over station that includes quick-change tooling that will provide flexibility in the future for different part styles.