Motoman Robots Handling and Sanding
Productivity has more than doubled Cycle time: 11-12.5 minutes. Each cycle produces two spoilers.
- Automate labor-intensive process of sanding parts to near paint-ready finish
- Reduce cycle time from 20-30 minutes per part using a manual sanding process to 20 minutes or less for two parts using a combination of automated sanding followed by a small amount of manual finish sanding
Motoman Robotics Solution
- Motoman Robotics provided:
- Headstock/tailstock (HS/TS) positioner with 4,115 mm (162") between faceplates
- Two sets of Motoman-designed and supplied fixturing
- Six disk abrasive (DA) sanding units on automatic tool changers; three per robot
- Two belt sanders; one per robot
- Two force sensor/shock sensors; one per robot
- Two Customer supplied downdraft machines; one per robot
Schedule a Consultation
See if robotics is a good fit for your business. Click below to contact an automation specialist with experience in your industry.