Motoman Robot Arc Welding Hydraulic Cylinders for Off-Road Vehicles
Achieved customer's goal to increase productivity 30-40 percent. Pre-tacking is automated. Met customer's required cycle time for various products.
- Provide a flexible system to weld approximately ten different parts.
- Eliminate manual pre-tacking.
- Increase productivity 30-40%.
- Improve quality and reduce labor costs.
- Bring manufacturing in-house versus subcontracting it out.
Motoman Robotics Solution
Motoman Robotics provided a flexible welding solution, including:
- SK6 robot with MRC controller
- 5.5-m (18-ft) Nutech pneumatic 2-position track with 3.7-m (12-ft) traverse
- Koike-Aronson headstock with 226.7 kg (500-lb) capacity
- Miller Invision® 456mp welding power source (Customer supplied)
- Water-cooled Tweco torch
- Toolsight™ torch alignment hardware and software package
- Miller Robotic II™ Interface (Customer supplied)
- Common base for power source, welding interface, and MRC
- Tweco nozzle reamer with sprayer
- Motoman automatic wire cutter
- Bulk wire dispenser (customer supplied)
- 200-V Touch sensing package
- Two operator stations. Each has thumbwheel switch for program selection and manual jog joystick for rotating the headstock
- Integrated workcell protection package, including: wire safety mats at load/unload zones, and safety interlocked gate