Motoman Robots Handling
Industrial and Consumer Lighting Lamps
Systems were delivered per schedule and on budget. Flexible solutions met or exceeded all customer requirements. Achieved 23 case per minute surge rate; 16 case per minute typical cycle time. Gripper design handles nonconforming cases for few rejects.
- Provide flexible systems to handle two case sizes: 6-pack – 346 mm L x 232 mm W x 149 mm H (13.625" x 9.125" x 5.875") weighing 2.42 kg (5.34 lbs.) and 12-pack – (457 mm L x 342.9 mm W x 152.4 mm H (18" x 13.5" x 6") weighing 4.77 kg (10.5 lbs.).
- Palletize cases in loads up to 1,219 mm (48") high onto 1,219 mm L x 1,016 mm W x 133.4 mm H (48" x 40" x 5.25") wooden pallets in specified palletizing patterns, with labels facing out, and no slip sheets between layers.
- Achieve total production rate of 23 cases per minute surge rate with 16 cases per minute being typical. Between both systems, cycle time to palletize one case will be 2.6-3.75 seconds.
- Reduce costs by improving productivity and flexibility.
- Fully automate the case palletizing process; reduce the need for manual labor.
- Improve operator safety.
- Maximize system throughput by eliminating downtime.
- Create more consistent and stable unit loads.
Motoman Robotics Solution
- Motoman Robotics provided two SP80X robotic workcells. Each cell includes:
- SP80X robot with XRC 2001 controller.
- Robot base plate.
- Robot base riser.
- DeviceNet XFB01 board for robot to GE90/30 PLC and DataLogix scanner communication.
- Intuitive HMI based on customer part numbers (Customer supplied).
- Three-color status beacon with audible alarm.
- Custom vacuum gripper with one zone to handle one case per pick, including pneumatics and electrical package.
- 4.57-m (15-ft) zero-pressure accumulating conveyor.
- Six floor-mounted static pallet locators with sensors.
- Bar code line scanner.
- Workcell protection package that meets ANSI/RIA R15.06-1999 safety standard, including wire safety fencing, two safety- interlocked gates, two conveyor pass-through openings (protected by three-sided enclosures) to limit the operator’s reach into the cell, and dual-channel safety interlocks.
Motoman Robotics provided a custom single-zone vacuum gripper with vacuum ON/OFF sensors designed to handle one case per pick. Gripper design facilitated handling of non-conforming cases (including untaped flaps, etc.) for few rejects.
Schedule a Consultation
See if robotics is a good fit for your business. Click below to contact an automation specialist with experience in your industry.