Motoman Robot Arc Welding
Motor Tubes for Heavy Equipment
Robot system improves productivity and efficiency, and provides flexibility to weld additional parts. Robot system welds part in 127 minutes while providing consistent weld quality, penetration and greatly enhanced aesthetics.
- Automate welding operation and improve quality and efficiency of welding operation for new part design.
- Robotically weld pre-tacked stainless steel or carbon steel parts, with manual changeover between processes. Material thickness ranges from 9.5-25.40 mm (3/8"-1.0").
- Operation requires nine welds, several of which are circumferential around 276.4 mm (10.88") dia. part. Each weld receives 3-5 heavy-deposition weld passes. Welds range from 241.3- 863.6 mm (9.5"-34") L and 9.5-15.9 mm (3/8"-5/8") W.
- Improve productivity and reduce welding time over previous design.
Motoman Robotics Solution
Motoman Robotics provided a modified FabWorld system, including:
- Motoman HP50 robot with NX100 robot controller.
- Robot base riser.
- Miller Auto Axcess® 450 weld package.
- Motoman Tough Gun® 450-Amp water-cooled torch package.
- (2) Reamer/sprayer nozzle cleaning stations with Motoman pneumatic wire cutters and ToolSight® comprehensive torch alignment packages. Mounted on accessory stands.
- Motoman MT1-1500-S2B two-axis skyhook positioner – AC servo-driven with 1,500-kg (3,307.5-lb) capacity; dual external axis; 0-4.5 rpm tilt axis rotation speed; 0-6.9 rpm turntable speed; and maximum part diameter of 2,390 mm (94.1"). Includes robot-to-positioner spanner.
- Dual tack table module – 2,438.4 mm x 914.4 mm (96" x 36").
- (2) Operator stations (one master; one slave). Mounted in NEMA enclosure on stand-alone pedestal. Functions: job start, emergency stop, hold, alarm reset, and servo power-up. Palm buttons for cycle-start activation. Ready signal light and alarm indication light. Positioner auto/manual switch. Two-digit thumbwheel selector.
- Fixture package.
- Motoman Com-Arc seam-tracking with 200-V high-speed touch-sense package.
- Arc data monitoring package.
- Common equipment base for NX100, quick disconnects, and welding power supply.
- Cell guarding package that meets ANSI/RIA R15.06-1999 safety standard, including: woven wire perimeter safety fence with one access gate and positive-break safety switch; arc flash protection curtains; gates at skyhook positioner load/unload station with lock-out/tag-out provisions; light curtains at tack-table station; and robot S-axis zone ring and safety shield.
Fixture package for one part model. Includes hardened fixture details. Fixture package does not include sensors or restraints to prevent part distortion.
Schedule a Consultation
See if robotics is a good fit for your business. Click below to contact an automation specialist with experience in your industry.