DX100 Advanced Programming
Nov 10 (1 - Seat Left), Dec 8, Jan 19, Feb 19, Mar 9
This course runs 4.5 days, Mon-Thurs 8:30am - 4:30pm and Fri 8:30am – 11:30am (29 hours).
If you require assistance,
please call 937-847-3307.
This course teaches advanced programming for the DX100 controller. Students are required to possess basic programming knowledge of the controller prior to attending this training module.
Primary topics include:
- Programming advanced I/O instructions
- Naming variables and applying variable data
- Defining and using position variables
- Using system variables
- Programming advanced arithmetic instructions
- Loading from the Compact Flash / USB
- Defining cubic interference zones
- Setting axes soft limits
- Setting TCP operating envelope
- Customizing parameters
- Shifting jobs / points
- Using software options such as PMT, Relative Job, Concurrent Job, Interrupt Job, Search Function, and External Reference Point
- Setting pendant preferences and key allocation shortcuts
This course consists of classroom lectures, demonstrations, discussions and hands-on practice exercises. Covered topics are related to real-world examples and applications. To create an interactive and enhanced learning environment, class size is limited to 12. To perform the hands-on practice exercises, students are typically assigned 2 to a pendant at MTEC and no more than 3 to a pendant On-Site.
Students receive a course outline, objectives, and a manual, which details specific topics covered in the class. Students are urged to take notes, participate in discussions, and inquire about specific operating issues.
DX100 Basic Programming Module Material covered in the lectures is enhanced with actual hands-on programming by students in Motoman's 13,400-sq.ft. training facility. Students work in teams to perform workshop exercises.
Training class schedules are subject to be changed without notice, based on training demands. All Training classes are held in the Miamisburg, OH Training Facility unless other prior arrangements have been confirmed.