Robotics for Industrial Automation
A Sustainable Path to Profit
For nearly any type of industry that makes or moves things, chances are your customers are evaluating you with a similar set of criteria:
- Speed of delivery and responsiveness to changing needs.
- Achieving consistent quality while maintaining low price-points.
Can your operation deliver on each of these often conflicting measures,
and still remain profitable?
While there are several paths to keep and grow your business, many options can tempt you to cut corners, or leave you constantly scrambling to keep up. To crank up the heat even more, competitors are knocking at your customers' doors with promises of faster/better/cheaper.
For all these challenges, few solutions can balance the demands as solidly as robotics.
If you ruled out robotic automation several years ago – or think it's just an option for the big players – now is an exciting time to take a new look. With recent advancements that cut costs and expand capabilities, robotics has become a viable path to profitability for more businesses than ever.
Robotics can improve your speed to market
- Simple tasks are performed more quickly versus manual processes
- Robots free-up your skilled workforce to perform more complex tasks, making better use of time and money.
- Robotics provides consistent and predictable productivity that reduces management oversight. Common factors that jeopardize timelines (retraining, shift changes, sick time and turnover) have less impact on your operation.
Robotics can easily scale and adapt to changing demands
- Up to 4 robots can be added to a single controller to multiply the speed/scale of a task.
- A single robot can be programmed to perform multiple tasks in a single setup – easing transition time, training and space requirements.
- Programming / reprogramming is typically less time than prepping a conventional setup. Programming robots has become easier than in the past, and programmers can be more easily found or trained in-house.
- Software and perception technology has expanded robotic capabilities in recent years – allowing them to perform more tasks than previously possible.
Robotics deliver consistent quality
- Robotic movements are consistent, focused and precise – often within 0.5 mm of repeatable accuracy.
- Avoid increased productivity loss and re-work that tends to happen late in a shift or work week due to fatigue.
- Quality scales up without the challenges of finding skilled workers to maintain it.
For the right processes, robotic automation delivers rapid ROI
through cost reduction and added value.
- Buy-in is simple and flexible, with turnkey and pre-programmed workcells that can be set up in under a couple days.
- Capital expense can be easily financed and provide tax advantages.
- Through an in-house specialist or robotics partner, ongoing programming and maintenance costs are lower than training and maintaining equivalent staff.
- The life cycle of a robot can last years beyond its break-even threshold, then can be remanufactured for a "second life."
- Unlike other forms of automation, robots can be repurposed for a broad range of applications.
- Increased margins through predictable, high-quality production give you the leverage needed to stay competitive, retain customers and win new business.
The path to ROI is by way of a common-sense approach to applying the optimal level of automation for your process. Helping you find that path is what we do best.
With over 100 years in motion and industrial automation technology, you can trust Yaskawa Motoman to guide you to a smart, sustainable business solution that's expertly implemented and supported throughout our global network.
Schedule a Consultation
See if robotics is a good fit for your business. Complete this form to talk to an automation specialist with experience in your industry.