Motoman Robot Laser Cutting
Laser process eliminates costly set-up dies. Cycle time: 46 seconds; more than 23% faster than required 60-second cycle.
- Cost-effectively cut narrow slot(s) in powder-coated panels on part contours where conventional die cutting and stamping methods would be difficult.
- Provide flexible solution and flexible tooling/fixturing that can be easily adapted to handle future part design changes.
- Achieve cycle time of one part per minute (production rate of 60 parts/hour).
- Maintain tight part tolerances of ± .76 mm (.030").
- Eliminate costly dies and die set-up time.
Motoman Robotics Solution
- A flexible, fully integrated LaserWorld™ solution with custom fixturing, including:
- SK16 robot with MRC controller
- 12" robot riser
- Laser Mechanisms, Inc. articulated arm for beam delivery
- Coherent Diamond 84 225-Watt CO2 Laser
- Neslab Water Chiller for laser cooling
- Custom laser mounting frame
- EOA Multiclutch 50 Safety Clutch
- 15 KVA step-down transformer for laser and chiller
- Balston 75-20 Air Dryer to supply purge air to beam delivery package
- High-speed, DC-motor-driven, 180° reciprocating positioner with:
- 500-lb. capacity per side
- 60" diameter tabletop
- 5-second index time
- Special safety modifications (baffles on either side of the fixture, rubber strip on top edge of the divider screen, and a sheet metal skirt to prevent light from escaping)
- Hard-wired switch with force-driven contacts prevents laser activation if table is out of position
- Limit switches on robot S-axis (base rotation) keep laser beam directed inside work envelope
- Common base for MRC, laser, and chiller
- Cube software prevents interference between robot and beam delivery system
- Fully integrated safety package, including: fencing, special laser-resistant curtains ,safety mats, and dual-interlocked gate