Motoman Robot Handling
Automotive Body Panels
Met customer's tight installation requirement over holiday shutdown. Cycle time for Part 1: 32 seconds - more than 13.5% faster than requirement. Cycle time for Part 2: 28 seconds - more than 24% faster than requirement
- Improve safety and reduce carpal tunnel syndrome and other injuries by reducing the need for personnel to handle the large sheet metal parts.
- Increase production speed and productivity through automation.
- Improve part quality by reducing scratches, dents, and other "deforms" caused by manual handling.
- Provide means to identify parts in shuttle and in crowder fixture.
- Achieve cycle time of less than 37 seconds to meet current production rate; provide capability to meet 25-second cycle in the future.
Motoman Robotics Solution
Motoman Robotics provided the following:
- SK120 robot with MRC controller
- Custom end-of-arm tooling - vacuum gripper, including high-speed part detection sensor, part identification sensor, and pneumatics and electrical package
- 9.1 mm (30') floor-mounted AC electric shuttle track with inverter for part infeed/outfeed racks. Includes two load/unload stations
- Customer's existing Yaskawa GL60S2 Programmable Controller
- Custom operator interface panel
- Custom pneumatic crowder fixture
- Integrated work cell protection, including: wire guarding, existing status beacon, and three safety interlocked gates