Y-Blog / How Do I Know It’s Time to Buy a Robot?
How Do I Know It’s Time to Buy a Robot?

How Do I Know It’s Time to Buy a Robot?

Posted: 4/15/2021 12:40:06 PM by Sarah Mellish
Topics: Manufacturing, Tips and Tools

If you’re still waiting to take the leap into robotic automation, you’re not alone. Yet, labor is still hard to find for many manufacturers, and ergonomics and safety awareness is pinnacle.

While robot shipments have increased steadily over the last decade, only 45 percent of Automation World survey respondents for assembly and manufacturing facilities have made the choice to optimize operations with robotic automation, leaving the remaining 55 percent to potentially fall behind competitively1.

Industry 4.0 has ushered in a host of advanced technologies, and company leaders that successfully implement them into their production environments are reaping the benefits. In fact, by 2025 the adoption of these smart tools is expected to be the most important driver of success2, facilitating highly efficient factories and warehouses for greater productivity gains and increased employee satisfaction.

How Can Robots Help?

Whatever the challenges you may have or opportunities you want to pursue, robotics can play a key role in optimizing success. Game-changing benefits like reduced setup time, high-speed changeover, greater throughput, workforce supplementation, better ergonomics and increased product quality are being realized. Moreover, the utilization of fast, flexible and easy-to-integrate robotic tools can help address the influx in rapidly evolving customer demands, tackling tough challenges for a wide variety of tasks including assembly, dispensing, inspection, machine tending, material removal, packaging, palletizing, welding and more!

Should I Be Using a Robot?

If you’ve asked yourself this question, our webinar on Five Indicators That Say It’s Time for Robotic Automation is the perfect place to start. Josh Leath, Product Manager of Welding at Yaskawa Motoman, will help you:
  • Assess your current operation from a different perspective
  • Answer important questions that will assist your robot usage decision
  • Have a clearer understanding on how robotic automation can make a transformative difference
 
1 Robotics Adoption Survey Finds Ups, Downs, and a Few Surprises, Automation World, 2021
2 Advanced Robotics in the Factory of the Future, Boston Consulting Group, 2019
 


Sarah Mellish is a Marketing Content Specialist


Connect on:
This website stores cookies on your computer to provide you with more personalized services on this website and through other media.