Motoman Robotics' solution improved the customer's required 34-second cycle time by more than two seconds
- Aggressive cycle time of less than 34 seconds per part, with 18 to 24 welds per part on three styles.
- Three robots working simultaneously on the same welding fixture.
- Tight floor space requirements.
Motoman Robotics Solution
- Three SK6 robots in two cells
- Dual SK6 robots in one cell
- One high-speed, AC servo-driven reciprocating positioner per cell (three total), each with:
- 698-kg (1,540-lb.) capacity per side
- 1,524 mm (60") diameter tabletop
- 2.5-second index time
- Mezzanine for robot controllers, PLC, and welding power sources
- Comprehensive guarding package, including: wire fence with safety interlocked gate, light curtain, and arc curtains
Pneumatic fixtures with part-present and clamp sensors were supplied through Motoman's Tooling Partner Program. Fixtures in the three-robot cells handle one part style; the dual-robot cell fixtures handle two styles. Parts range from 1,346 mm - 1,600 mm (53" - 63") long and weigh approximately 11.3 kg (25 lbs) each.