Rollover device provided critical capability to tack-weld parts in the proper orientation. Motoman’s solution met customer’s performance expectations.
- Weld two sizes of frame assemblies – 1.22-m and 1.52-m (4' and 5') – and six types of sub assemblies in sizes from 0.55-m to 1.52-m (1.8' to 5').
- Allow fixture in the load station to be rotated and tack-welded during the load sequence.
- Provide ability to manually tack-weld components during loading.
- Meet cycle time of 18.9 minutes per part.
Motoman Robotics Solution
Motoman Robotics provided an ArcWorld II-6220-XHD DR2C system including the following:
- Two Motoman UP20-6 robots with XRC controllers in DR2C (dual robot control) configuration. Two 765-mm (30") robot base risers included.
- MRM2-750TX dual ferris-wheel type headstock/tailstock positioner with a 750-kg (340-lb.) payload; 1,050-mm (41.3") load height; and 3-m (118.1") span between the HS/TS faceplates, and 7-second index time. Includes manual jog feature.
- Operator control station with load side jog switch.
- One set of 1,220-mm (48") light curtains.
- Two MotoWeld P500 GMAW power sources.
- Two Motoman 500-amp, air-cooled Tough Gun® GMAW torch packages
- Expanded Memory module for XRC.
- Two ComArc seam-tracking and touch-sensing packages.
- Two reamer nozzle cleaning stations with wire cutters.
- Two accessory stands.
- Common equipment base.
- Two sets of Customer supplied fixtures, including self-contained relay controls for pneumatic clamps.
- Servo-driven rollover device – mounted on pneumatic slide. Includes manual jog capability (allows load station HS/TS to be manually jogged using control switch at operator station).
- Integrated safety package, including light curtains, arc curtains, and wire fencing.
The customer provided two sets of fixtures for two different models. Multi-stage fixtures include both manual and pneumatic clamping. Manual tack-welding performed at various points in the sequence.