System was delivered, set up, installed, and running on the same day. Achieved 19-minute per assembly cycle time.
- Automate production of new product.
- Make 125 welds ranging from 25.4 mm-127 mm (1"-5") long on one part number. Final assemblies weigh 34 kg (75 lbs) each.
- Proper weld process and flow are critical to achieving consistent parts, since new design is prone to warp.
- Achieve desired cycle time of 19 minutes per assembly.
Motoman Robotics Solution
Motoman Robotics provided the following:
- Motoman SK16-6 robot with MRC controller and 15 KVA step-down transformer kit
- 10-m (32.8-ft) extended cables
- Remote programming pendant and playback station
- MotoArc 350i power source
- Motoman 500-amp, air-cooled ToughGun™ welding package, including: torch modified with Customer supplied gooseneck, safety clutch, UWI interface, wire feeder, side-mount process package, and start-up kit for .035" wire n 453.5-kg (1,000-lb) wire spool dereeler
- ComArc III seam tracking with 200-V high-speed Touch Sense package
- Nozzle cleaning station with anti-spatter spray kit n 4-m (13-ft) servo track
- Headstock/tailstock (HS/TS) positioner with 453.5-kg (1,000-lb) capacity total
- HS/TS positioner with 1,500-lb total capacity
- Servo tilt/servo rotate (ST/SR) positioner with 453.5-kg (1,000-lb) capacity
- Three operator stations with manual jog for positioners
- Two sections of Customer supplied roller conveyor, one straight and one radial
- Three sets of customer supplied fixtures
- Integrated cell protection package including: wire fencing with safety interlocked gate, arc screen curtains and safety mats