What is TechCred?
TechCred is Ohio's innovative workforce program that reimburses employers for industry-recognized, technology-focused, credentialed training programs and certificates. TechCred helps Ohioans learn new skills and helps employers build a stronger workforce with the skills needed in a technology-infused economy.
How Does TechCred Work?
- Employers will need to identify the specific, technology-centric qualifications they need, as well as the number of employee(s) they want to upskill.
- To qualify for reimbursement of training costs, the employer must partner with a training provider and apply online. Individuals must be Ohio residents with a verifiable Ohio address.
- The state will reimburse up to $2,000 of training costs per credential upon completion.
- There is no longer a limit of one reimbursement available per employee in each funding round.
- Employers are eligible to receive up to $30,000 per funding round.
- Training must be completed within 12 months of the award date.
Visit Ohio TechCred Program Guidelines for additional details.
Current TechCred Credentials Offered
- Yaskawa Motoman Robotics DX100
- Yaskawa Motoman Robotics DX200
- Yaskawa Motoman Robotics FS100
- Yaskawa Motoman Robotics MLX100
- Yaskawa Motoman Robotics MLX200
- Yaskawa Motoman Robotics NX100
- Yaskawa Motoman Robotics YRC1000
- Yaskawa Motoman Robotics YRC1000 Advanced Arc Weld Programming
- Yaskawa Motoman Robotics YRC1000 Basic Programming
- Yaskawa Motoman Robotics YRC1000 Maintenance with Programming Overview
- Yaskawa Motoman Robotics YRC1000 Operator
Count on Yaskawa’s proven expertise to train and upskill your employees for robotic automation. Learn more and apply today to get reimbursed from the State of Ohio.
Let Yaskawa Help
Yaskawa can help your company apply to the TechCred program and get your employees training that qualifies. We have several for-credit academic short-term certificates and non-credit Workforce Development offerings that meet the guidelines for the TechCred program.
Need more information? Visit techcred.ohio.gov or contact Yaskawa Workforce Development at TechCred@motoman.com.