Motoman's solution is 500% faster than the manual process. Average cycle time is 5 minutes, 55 seconds - 1.39% higher than requirement.
- Aggressive cycle time of 12 -16 welds per part in six minutes - equates to 10 parts per hour, 5,300 per month. Manual process required approximately 30 minutes per part.
- Weld three or four brackets on part approximately 2,210 mm (87") long, weighing 122.4 kg (270 lbs), with walls of .625" thick mild steel.
- Large welds, some with 25.4 mm (1") bead width, requiring multiple weld passes with large weaves, using .045" solid wire.
- Redo all weld processes from manual welding with .052" fluxcore wire to accommodate automatic welding with .045" solid wire.
- Weld inconsistent parts that are .5 mm - 2.5 mm (.020" - .100") out of tolerance.
- Improve weld repeatability and dimensional tolerances over manual clamping/welding process.
Motoman Robotics Solution
An ArcWorld™ 6216 solution with custom pneumatic fixturing, including:
- Dual SK16 robots with MRC controllers
- MRM2-500 ferris wheel-type headstock/tailstock (HS/TS) positioner
- Two Miller Deltaweld 652 power sources, and Robotic II microprocessor-controlled welding interfaces
- Two Motoman 450-amp, water-cooled ToughGun™ welding packages, including: torch, safety clutch, wire feeder, side-mount process package, and start-up kit
- Two Binzel™ torch reamers
- Tregaskiss anti-spatter sprayer
- 200-V Touch Sense package
- Allen-Bradley SLC/500 programmable controller
- PanelView™ interface panel with touch screen
- Steel base to elevate all controls 457.2 mm (18") off floor
- Integrated safety package, including: fencing, arc screen curtains, safety mats and double interlocked gates