Improved productivity two or three times over existing gantry systems that run one type of part and require manual changeover. Cycle time: 26 seconds on test part.
- Process eight different part combinations (six different sizes) with right hand (RH) and left hand (LH) part configurations, plus LH/LH and RH/RH only configurations for one part size.
- Provide flexible tooling/fixtures to handle multiple part sizes and shapes without manual change over or interruption in cycle.
- Achieve cycle time of less than 30 seconds per set.
- Achieve repeatability of ± 0.5 mm (.02").
- Improve productivity and flexibility over existing gantry systems that process only one part size and configuration at a time and require manual changeover.
- Minimizing need for operators to work in a fume-filled environment.
Motoman Robotics Solution
Motoman Robotics provided a highly flexible dual-process solution with custom tooling and fixtures, including:
- Two SK120 robots with MRC controllers for material handling
- Two SK16 robots with MRC controllers for sealant dispensing
- Two custom dual vacuum grippers including valves, pneumatic packages, part-present sensors and vacuum switches
- Two Customer supplied sealant dispensing packages, including sponge grippers
- Servo-controlled, flip-over station with part centering fixtures. Includes vacuum cups on fixed locating side and on servo controlled flip-over frame
- Two manual infeed shuttles with pop-up guide rails to position the various part configurations in Customer supplied racks
- Two manual outfeed shuttles
- Two operator stations with thumb wheel switches for program selection
- Allen-Bradley SLC/503 Programmable Controller
- PanelMate™ operator panel for Man/Machine Interface (MMI)
- Customer supplied preheat oven with fixtures
- Two sponge trays, with sensors to verify sponge position in dispensing gripper
- Two sponge removal stations with felt dab pads to remove excess primer
- Curing station that holds two sets of parts (four pieces total)
- Common base for SK16 robots and flip-over station
- Integrated safety package including: wire fence, two status beacons mounted on fence, four safety interlocked gates, three zone rings, and two light curtains