Program Motoman Robots with Rockwell Automation PACs
The MLX200 seamlessly integrates proven Yaskawa Motoman industrial robots with the widely accepted Rockwell Automation Programmable Automation Controllers (PAC). End users of robotic automation can deploy and support a broad range of Motoman robots with their existing staff and take ownership of their robotic applications.
MLX200 enhances our previous MLX100 technology by optimizing the robot motion software; it now consumes significantly less PAC resources, while enabling even more application possibilities by adding multi-robot control and ability to control robots through ControlLogix® and CompactLogix™ platforms.
The robots are programmed through intuitive Add-On-Instructions (AOIs) within RSLogix™ / Studio 5000™ Logix Designer environment. Optimum performance is maintained using proven kinematics solutions. A wide range of 4- to 7-axes robots with payloads from 5-300 kilograms are available on this platform.
- MLX200 features a unified controls architecture; a PAC controls the entire application, including the robots.
- The robot does not require a separate programming language or controller.
- Panel-mounted robot drives can be integrated into the main control cabinet resulting in reduced hardware, reduced floor space and a reduction in spare parts.
- Simplified hardware and controls architecture eliminate redundant interfaces.
- Familiar controls environment (ControlLogix or CompactLogix) and programming environment (RSLogix™ 5000 v19 or above). These user-friendly and maintenance-friendly systems make it easier to train, troubleshoot, diagnose and solve problems in the field.
- Faster time-to-market. A single application development environment reduces system complexity because there is one programmer and a simplified control scheme.
- Applicable to a variety of applications and environments. MLX200 provides seamless robot integration for a wide range of compatible Motoman robots.