Robot system improves productivity and efficiency, and provides flexibility to weld additional parts. Robot system welds part in 127 minutes while providing consistent weld quality, penetration and greatly enhanced aesthetics.
- Automate welding operation and improve quality and efficiency of welding operation for new part design.
- Robotically weld pre-tacked stainless steel or carbon steel parts, with manual changeover between processes. Material thickness ranges from 9.5-25.40 mm (3/8"-1.0").
- Operation requires nine welds, several of which are circumferential around 276.4 mm (10.88") dia. part. Each weld receives 3-5 heavy-deposition weld passes. Welds range from 241.3- 863.6 mm (9.5"-34") L and 9.5-15.9 mm (3/8"-5/8") W.
- Improve productivity and reduce welding time over previous design.
Motoman Robotics Solution
Motoman Robotics provided a modified FabWorld system, including:
- Motoman HP50 robot with NX100 robot controller.
- Robot base riser.
- Miller Auto Axcess® 450 weld package.
- Motoman Tough Gun® 450-Amp water-cooled torch package.
- (2) Reamer/sprayer nozzle cleaning stations with Motoman pneumatic wire cutters and ToolSight® comprehensive torch alignment packages. Mounted on accessory stands.
- Motoman MT1-1500-S2B two-axis skyhook positioner – AC servo-driven with 1,500-kg (3,307.5-lb) capacity; dual external axis; 0-4.5 rpm tilt axis rotation speed; 0-6.9 rpm turntable speed; and maximum part diameter of 2,390 mm (94.1"). Includes robot-to-positioner spanner.
- Dual tack table module – 2,438.4 mm x 914.4 mm (96" x 36").
- (2) Operator stations (one master; one slave). Mounted in NEMA enclosure on stand-alone pedestal. Functions: job start, emergency stop, hold, alarm reset, and servo power-up. Palm buttons for cycle-start activation. Ready signal light and alarm indication light. Positioner auto/manual switch. Two-digit thumbwheel selector.
- Fixture package.
- Motoman Com-Arc seam-tracking with 200-V high-speed touch-sense package.
- Arc data monitoring package.
- Common equipment base for NX100, quick disconnects, and welding power supply.
- Cell guarding package that meets ANSI/RIA R15.06-1999 safety standard, including: woven wire perimeter safety fence with one access gate and positive-break safety switch; arc flash protection curtains; gates at skyhook positioner load/unload station with lock-out/tag-out provisions; light curtains at tack-table station; and robot S-axis zone ring and safety shield.
Fixture package for one part model. Includes hardened fixture details. Fixture package does not include sensors or restraints to prevent part distortion.