Cycle time 32-33.1 seconds, which meets 34-second requirement Cutting accuracy for the part tested is .67 mm - .75 mm (.026"-.0295"), which is significantly more accurate than the 1 mm (.04") tolerance requirement for that cut.
- Achieve 34-second cycle time, making a 178 mm (7") bottom cut and a 127 mm (5") top cut on .8 mm (.032") galvanized steel parts (body sides) weighing approximately 13.6 kg (30 lbs) each.
- Produce straight, dross-free edge cut; accuracy within ± .02 mm (.00078") on a contoured part.
- Provide flexibility to batch-process either right-hand (RH) or left-hand (LH) parts for one model style with no manual changeover required.
Motoman Robotics Solution
Fully integrated LaserWorld™ solution, including:
- Motoman SK45 robot with MRC robot 8-KVA step-down transformer kit
- 1,372 mm (54") robot riser base
- 3-m (10-ft) diameter 180° rotary turntable positioner with 363-kg (800-lb) capacity and 8-9 second indexing time
- PanelMate™ operator station with 3-color status beacon
- Customer supplied 700-Watt Nd:YAG laser
- 58.5-KVA JVC step-down transformer for laser
- Precitec optical focusing system, including capacitance height sensor and controller
- Custom-designed, spring-loaded device to protect fiber optic cables
- 2,743 mm L x 4,267 mm W x 711 mm H (9' L x 14' W x 28" H) steel platform, including steps and safety rails
- 5,182 mm L x 4,267 mm W x 3,658 mm H (17' L x 14' W x 12' H) Class 1 (completely light-tight) work cell enclosure, including laser-safe glass viewing windows, two PLS zone scanners on platform in front of turntable, keyed laser disable switch, 3-color status beacon, and safety interlocked door
Motoman Robotics provided two sets of identical custom pneumatic fixtures (one per side of turntable). Each set of fixtures can handle either RH or LH parts without manual changeover. Operator loads parts onto a universal locating pin and a main locating pin. Each set of fixtures has a total of eight clamps, but only a specific combination of six is used to locate either a RH or LH part. Fixtures also include part-present and clamp-open/ closed sensors.